There are three strategies that I am comfortable in recommending for people to use in preparing for the potential of long term care costs in the future:
- Do nothing (by choice;)
- Insure against long term care costs; and
- Transfer most (or almost all) of your assets out of your ownership.
To determine which strategy is best for your circumstances, you should consider the following criteria:
- Your level of worry about long term care costs,
- Cost to implement,
- Risk of abnormal loss of assets,
- Convenience to implement,
- Control over your money, and
- Likelihood of success.
Future posts will discuss these strategies in more detail.
For more information, visit Jim’s website.
Jim Koewler’s mission is
“Protecting Seniors and People with Special Needs.”
For help with long term care or with planning for someone with special needs,
call Jim, or contact him through his website.
© 2014 The Koewler Law Firm. All rights reserved.